The Right Legal Strategy To Achieve Your Goals
T. Blake Orner
As a partner at Grant & Grant, Attorneys, Blake's practice is focused on Litigation, Subrogation, Personal Injury, and Estate Planning and Probate. He represents many national and regional insurance carriers in complex subrogation litigation, including large structural fires for commercial and residential property, construction defects, and products liability. With a background in complex litigation, Blake also focuses on plaintiffs' personal injury, including auto accidents, premise liability, commercial trucking collisions, and product liability.
Licensed to practice in both Indiana and Illinois, Blake has represented clients in both state and federal court. Further, as part of his practice, Blake coordinates the litigation of cases with law firms for matters arising in other states throughout the country, as well as being retained by out-of-state law firms to serve as local counsel in Indiana and Illinois.
Blake is a member of the Indianapolis Bar Association and serves on the Executive Committee of the Litigation Section. He is also a member of the Indiana State Bar Association, Illinois State Bar Association, and National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP). Blake has taught and chaired seminars for the Indianapolis Bar Association and the Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum.
An active volunteer in his community, Blake served as President of his Homeowners Association for five years and is a volunteer coach for youth sports in his community. He is a current board member on the Plainfield Optimist Baseball Board and is an avid tennis player.
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
- DePauw University, Greencastle, Indiana
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Allstate Ins. Co. v. Hatfield, 28 N.E.3d 247 (Ind. Ct. App. 2015)
- Geico Ins. Co. v. Graham, 14 N.E.3d 854 (Ind. Ct. App. 2014)
- Allstate Ins. Co. v. Faulkner, 986 N.E.2d 865 (Ind. Ct. App. 2013)
- Gone With the Wind: Investigating and Analyzing Wind Related Losses in a Subrogation Context, Subrogator, Spring/Summer, 2018
- “The Other ‘Other Person’ Person: Reimbursement of a Workers’ compensation Lien from an Employee’s Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Settlement”, Subrogator, Winter, 2017
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Litigation Section Executive Committee, Board Member, 2020 to Present
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP), Member
Classes and Seminars Taught
- What They Don’t Teach You in Law School: How to Work Up and Resolve a Case Before Triall, Indianapolis Bar Association, 09/22/2022
- Getting Your Case to the Finish Line: Practical Tips for a Succesful Mediation, Indianapolis Bar Association, 05/24/2022
- Practical Tips for a Successful Mediation from Successful Mediators, Indianapolis Bar Association, 04/21/2021
- Subrogation Law, Indiana State Bar Association - Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, 07/17/2020
- It's your Case Now: Tips and Ethical Pitfalls for Pro Bono Representation, Indianapolis Bar Association, 07/26/2019
- Personal Injury
- Estate Planning and Probate
- Business Organization